Monday, February 21, 2011

Beach


Dirty Beaches is fantastic.

You have got to check out this tune

Dirty Beaches is made up of Alex Zhang Hungtai and a bunch of eerie sounds and awesome vocals. He's surfy, Springsteen-y, spookie, and Presley-y. I'm sure you could add a few more comparisons but what's the point? All that matters is that it's damn fantastic.

When I listen to him I tend to think of that post-fight scene from a Tarentino movie where the camera is slowly panning over a room with broken lamps, tables, clocks, etc. with the surf crashing in the background. Weird right? Ha maybe I watch too many movies, but despite that (or perhaps because of), I know you'll enjoy.

Anyway, If you like what you hear his new album Badlands is getting released on March 29th. Till then enjoy some of his tunes.

No comments: